The Perfect Process Project: What do you REALLY need to make your processes work?
Why have lots of current business process projects resulted in dissatisfied users?
Why do a large number of projects designed to define business processes fail?
They don't understand the key points to running a business process project. Not the actual running of the project itself, but the factors that need to be added to make the "process part" of the project a success.
How would you like to be able to :
- Identify those items,
- Help you understand what the problems are,
- Propose solutions for them.
This eBook will take you through the main problems with process type projects and help you understand real solutions to the key problems.
Why should you be concerned about this? Because of what the experts are saying:
What are industry experts saying about Business Processes?
- "Business as usual" IT will not be sufficient for organizations that wish to exploit the opportunities that the confluence of business and IT brings. Companies and public-sector enterprises are fundamentally changing their business models to compete on a global stage, changing strategies, structures and processes as they do so.
- Gartner RAS Core Research Note G00157495, John Mahoney, Barbara Gomolski, 27 May 2008
- Business architects will be hot due to the growth in enterprise apps such as SAP, new business/IT technologies such as business process management (BPM), and the increased risk of changing business processes.
- Forrester Research: "What are the hot roles in IT?", Marc Cecere, Laurie M. Orlov, Aug 14th 2008
- In most enterprises, the ongoing level of manual operations offers fertile ground for improvements in operational efficiency. Several concrete examples from a broad variety of industries show how business process management (BPM) tools have proven uniquely qualified to assist organizations in improving their operational efficiency.
- Forrester Research: Using BPM To Improve Operational Efficiency, Ken Vollmer, with Gene Leganza, Mimi An, Kahini Ranade, July 2008
I've worked in IT for over 20 years - usually in big projects. One thing that struck me as I worked through all these projects is that there are key failure reasons running through them all. The Gartner Group estimate that the majority of IT projects do not deliver the value they were supposed to deliver, and this is equally true for projects involving business process work.
Because people do not manage business process projects correctly!
To understand what I mean, listen to a short (8 minute) audio extract taken directly from the ebook. (This is me reading the initial chapter and a few select extras. It is for information only.You will NOT get any audio version when you purchase the ebook). Click the red button to listen:
not convinced? Read on......
How do you learn to manage process projects?
Once you understand what makes a process project work it is much easier to define how to manage them appropriately.
With this book you will:
- Learn to identify the key focus areas, both during and after your project, that will drive success and help gain acceptance for your new process by the user community.
There are several definitions and objectives one must understand to optimize the process project:
- You must understand the key reasons a process
From the time a lot of projects are first presented to the users, right to the time the project team finishes and leaves the final product in a live environment, there are failure factors that occur. Learn what these are and how to avoid them.
- You must understand the key items to be used
to make a process project succeed.
Understand the few key items that must be in place to ensure your process project works appropriately. Learn about "Comerford's 3 Laws of Metrics" and how they apply to your process. Understand the key role to be held by a Process Owner (and who that process owner must be), and learn the one HUGE factor that will make the difference between success and failure.
- You must have the right people in the right
roles on the project
Pretty straightforward eh? Makes sense? It is sense! In fact it's common sense. But the problem with common sense is that it's just not that common. This book will identify who needs to be in what key role and why.
Still not convinced? Read Chapter One!
How would you like to actually read a couple of pages from the book?
That's right. Here and now I am going to give you a link to read a couple of pages directly from the eBook. This is, in fact, Chapter One. It's quite a short chapter, but don't worry - there are much more substantial ones later on.
This is yours to take away free of charge - you don't even have to register. Just click on the graphic and the pages will download to your hard drive.
This file should be readable on all operating systems with the Adobe software installed. I would strongly suggest you download another PDF file prior to this to ensure compatibility with your system. If you don't have another PDF to download try this link as a test.
(Click the icon below to download the latest version of Adobe Reader
if you don't already have it)
Here's what you'll get when you buy
'The Perfect Process Project"
Chapter 1: The Typical Process Project
Chapter 2: Key Project Issues
Chapter 3: What about the acronymns?
Chapter 4: The Ideal Process
Chapter 5: The Ideal Project
Chapter 6: Summary
I want you to be 100% satisfied.
As a BONUS for ordering
"THE PERFECT PROCESS PROJECT"
you will also get:
The Art of Process Facilitation (Worth £4.99)
When you buy this ebook you will receive (as an appendix) 'The Art of Process Facilitation'. This short essay identifies the 8 key tips that I have employed when running process facilitation projects with large (and small) companies. Who should be in a facilitation session? Why should you go round in circles? And what has the Hype Cycle got to do with this? You'll find all this out in 'The Art of Process Facilitation'.
Free Updates (Worth £11.98 over 2 years)
As a further bonus, if you provide your e-mail details after you purchase I will send you, free of charge, any updates to the book as a result of feedback or further research. Therefore you pay one amount and get continuous updates thereafter. This offer will cover a potential re-release each year for the next 2 years, as a minimum.
BPM - The New Killer App?
As a third bonus you will receive "BPM - The New Killer App?', a white paper explaining why you need to be looking at BPM as a concept, not necessarily BPM as a tool.
You will receive immediate access to this free download when you purchase "THE PERFECT PROCESS PROJECT"
These bonuses together are worth £17 (approx $30)
*Note: The price shown will be billed in US dollars (approx $10) for the transaction. VAT will be added to that price where applicable.
If you click this link you will be purchasing a book in electronic format. This ebook will be made available to download immediately after payment, from GCP Consulting, in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To access this you will need Adobe's Acrobat reader or similar. WebTV users will not be able to access this file so please do not order through Web TV. This file should be readable on all operating systems with the Adobe software installed. I would strongly suggest you download another PDF file prior to this to ensure compatibility with your system. If you don't have another PDF to download try this link as a test.
(Click the icon below to
download the latest version of Adobe Reader you don't already have it)
Click the graphic to return to GCP Consulting's Home Page